Wow! Wow! Wow! I am so thrilled and honored and excited to have been nominated for the Liebster award by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen! It has been an absolute pleasure getting to know her as a fellow blogger and I’m so flattered she thinks so much of my little blog. One of the greatest (hidden) blessings from blogging about my thoughts and recipes while on my new strict diet (err, lifestyle) has been the blogger-to-blogger relationships I’ve been able to develop. I’ve loved meeting other people who love the same things that I do and being able to encourage one another on our writing paths! How wonderful and exciting! So thank you, thank you Lori for inspiring me and encouraging me and affirming me on my journey! It means the world to me… Here are the questions that Lori asked me 🙂
- Coffee of Tea? Tea definitely. Particularly if it’s FashionistaTea (an amazing line of teas developed by a good friend of mine) or an herb blend I made myself!
- What are your favorite colors to decorate with? I love dark, warm gray and chocolate brown. I think they’re great colors that go well with everything. My current color-combination obsessions are yellow, gray, and white, with a splash of magenta; and green, chocolate, and tan, with a splash of turquoise.
- Do you have a favorite t.v. show? What is it? The Cosby Show. Hands down. Although followed very closely by The Office 🙂
- What is it about your best friend that makes him/her your best friend? She’s just like my sister; I literally consider her family. (We lived together for four years in college after randomly being assigned freshman year, so I think that’s a fair statement!) We can talk about absolutely anything and are free to be 100% ourselves without fear of being judged by the other. We understand each other completely, we relate well to one another, and we see the world in a very similar way. And, somehow, we developed the ability to give the other one advice based on what’s actually best for them, not just based on our own opinions. Which is really unheard of when you think about it!
- If you could learn how to do one thing, what would it be and why? I wish that I was musically talented. My fingers ache to be skilled on the piano. And when I sing, my heart years to make beauty, not noise. lol!
- What is your favorite season of the year, and why? Spring, without a doubt. Brilliant sunshine, budding flowers, warm rain showers, gorgeous blue velvet skies, and all the delicious seasonal veggies! It doesn’t hurt that I’m also a spring baby…
- Use three words to describe yourself. Life is beautiful. Huh? That’s not how people normally answer that! But it’s how I live my life. Every day, every moment, in every thing, I try to search for the beauty and joy that God put into His creation. Living with that mindset makes my life full of positivity, pleasure, and happiness!
- Cats or Dogs? Hard choice! I’d have to say dogs, because I sadly think I’m allergic to cats. Also, you can’t really run and romp with a cat!
- Who has influenced you the most, and why? My mother. It’s the cliche answer, but I didn’t even have to think about it. She is such a self-made, strong woman, who is truly STUNNING inside and out (and that’s not just my bias speaking!). She’s everything I want to be.
- What is your favorite thing to do when you want to relax? Cook, of course! For me, cooking is not done out of necessity. It’s a pleasure and an experience. I put on jazz or Michael Buble Pandora, pour a cocktail or a glass of wine, and dance around the kitchen chopping ingredients and mixing flavors. All while filling my house with a splendid and delicious fragrance. It’s positively theraputic!
Now to show you blogs I’m loving right now! These are blogs I’ve lately started following, and I look forward to every single post. These culinary artists are worthy of many awards, in addition to this one. Check out these blogs; I know you’ll like them as much as I do!
1. Savory & Sweet Food– Sadia at Savory & Sweet Food creates original, delicious looking food, captured with stunning photography! It’s obvious she really is passionate about cooking. You’ve got to check out her genius recipes!
2. The Brook Cook– I’m drooling over this blogger’s latest post. But… I say that with every post she gives us. Her blog is full of simple, SCRUMPTIOUS, creative recipes described with wit and personality. I truly look forward to every post from this blogger.
3. A La Main– A La Main means “by hand,” which is the perfect blog title for these two friends who create amazing looking original recipes that actively avoid fake or processed ingredients. (But really,… who makes their own sprinkles?!?) Equally as entertaining is the bright, cheerful prose they write to their dedicated readers with.
4. Le Petit Artichaut– I don’t remember how I discovered this blog, but I totally have a girl crush on its author. Her recipes are often unusual, always delicious, and her hilarious personality comes through in every single post. Once I read one post, I couldn’t stop myself from going through about 50. I love her writing style!
5. The Quiet Baker– I first fell head over heels with this blog when she posted her recipe for Red Velvet Cheesecake. Right? Right?! Every other recipe is equally as stunning. My favorite thing about the recipes Janine posts are that they are so simple. They are most likely foods you’ve had before, you just either didn’t know how to make them, or haven’t seen them with her twist. Check her out!
Here are my questions for you to answer should you choose to participate:
1. What are you most afraid of in the kitchen?
2. What inspired you to begin blogging?
3. What gives you the most joy from blogging?
4. What does your ideal Saturday look like?
5. What pantry staple would you never want to live or cook without?
6. Name a place you have never visited, but want to. Why are you drawn there?
7. What’s the most surprisingly delicious thing you’ve ever eaten?
8. Who is your favorite “audience” to cook for?
9. What’s your favorite time of day and why?
10. What are you looking forward to most this year?
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given.
- Nominate other blogs with less than 500 followers.
- Post questions for your selected nominees to answer.
- Tag and link the nominees and post a comment to let them know you have nominated and appreciate their hard work
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!